question

jamesodonnell90 avatar image
jamesodonnell90 asked mykhailo-koval1217 commented

Get company call statistics in sandbox

Is it possible that I can query my actual account in the sandbox mode, I'm trying to pull call stats as we want to develop a live call stat board for our sales agents.

In sandbox mode I can't actually pull any call stats as there are none!!

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

James

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ringcentral35 avatar image
ringcentral35 answered
I need the same.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ashey92 avatar image
ashey92 answered ashey92 commented
We have the same problem - we wrote an application to pull what we need however it is stuck pending ringcentral approval to go to production.

Now for the good news - It has been stuck for 3 days so far and calling support they tell me - we just have to wait - They refused to give an ETA or help in any way - VERY DISAPPOINTING, starting to regret moving to RingCentral.
2 comments
1 |3000

ashey92 avatar image ashey92 commented ·
So just found an FAQ that states approval will take between 3 - 7 days, not sure why customer support didn't tell me this. Lets see what happens....
1 Like 1 ·
ringcentral35 avatar image ringcentral35 commented ·
Bad news! I was expecting to improve our reports using some solutions by API, because the lack of good reporting but this is disappointing...
0 Likes 0 ·
vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered
Hi James/ Claudio,

For now we do not provide any data migrations from production to sandbox due to privacy issues. But the easiest way would be to write a script to generate call log using Ringout api. Let the script run for few minutes to few hours with certain delays between each call and change to  and from numbers during the Ringout.

You could look at my code and make necessary changes or implement it in any programming language that you are familiar with:

https://github.com/vyshakhbabji/Java-Sample-for-Ringcentral-API/blob/master/src/Runner.java

1 |3000

@Ashey,

For moving an app to production we need to keep track of your app for few days and make sure your app is running as expected. For this, we check frequency of your api calls  and we expect you to mimic the number of calls you make in production. 

We also need this data to make sure your app is not going to throttle or cause HTTP code 429  error (too many requests error). If that happens, we will ask you to fix it within sandbox environment. When everything is working as expected we move your app to production.  
1 |3000

ashey92 avatar image
ashey92 answered
Thanks so much for the feedback - this is very helpful and makes sense.
1 |3000

jamesodonnell90 avatar image
jamesodonnell90 answered
A good idea would be to remove the need for welcome emails on new accounts as this is labour intensive when you only need sample accounts
1 |3000

We will consider your suggestion @James
1 |3000

mykhailo-koval1217 avatar image
mykhailo-koval1217 answered mykhailo-koval1217 commented
Hi VB,

I've similar problem - need to implement application which pulls detailed call log via RingCentral API so applied for production in order to have real data and cover all possible call-log record variations. But before qualifying for production RingCentral requested me to use sandbox in order to examine traffic beforehand. However there is no data in sandbox and also I don't have an idea how to emulate real call log records. I there  some simplified approach for application process in such cases? Or maybe you have some test tool which generates different call log types?

Thanks in advance!

4 comments
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
Hello Mykhilo,

RingCentral will not approve production access for applications which do not meet our production access criteria.

If you would like to generate call log and call recording data in your sandbox account for development testing which can qualify your application for production access, Anil (our Developer Relations Engineer) has created a PHP-based community solution for generating this data in your test account here:  https://github.com/anilkumarbp/RingCentral-Call-Generator-Recordings-Downloader
0 Likes 0 ·
mykhailo-koval1217 avatar image mykhailo-koval1217 commented ·
Hello Benjamin,

Thank you for the clarification and useful links.
0 Likes 0 ·
benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
My pleasure. Let us know if you have further questions.
0 Likes 0 ·
mykhailo-koval1217 avatar image mykhailo-koval1217 commented ·
One more question. Will the test tool call real phone numbers? Or probably there are some test numbers which can be used to emulate call? I don't want to sit and take calls from the test tool while it generates test cal log. 
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys