question

ashley-nicolson1833 avatar image
ashley-nicolson1833 asked vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered

Active Call API Call (PHP) returns Internal Server Error

Until today we have been using active calls via the API via cron job. However this has stopped working and are receiving:

Unable to login to Ring Central Internal Server Error. Consult RC Support.

When calling that particular API Call.

We can Authenticate fine (receiving Access Tokens etc) and we can call 'call-log' successfully.

We have tried this using the Ring Centrral API Explorer and it seems it is only the active-call api that is failing with this 500 Error.

Any help would be much appreciated.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Are you using the PHP SDK?

If not, could you provide the full request/response with headers (stripping out your API keys and tokens) please?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ashley-nicolson1833 answered
Hey there - this also doesn't work via your API Explorer 

https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-explorer/latest/index.html

So I don't think its a PHP SDK issue.  I am perhaps thinking it is account restricted (overusage?) as it had been working previously for the past weeks of development.

1 |3000

Hi there - would I need to connect support for this as it is still not working via the API Explorer page using my App details (though other calls do i.e. Auth and call-log).

Many Thanks
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
Are you both receiving the following error.message: "Internal Server Error. Consult RC Support." and the response body object contains a property named "eventId" which appears to be a UUID?
1 |3000

Using the API Explorer I receive the following for 'active-call'

{    "message": "Internal Server Error. Consult RC Support.",    "eventId": "eb734ca8-e6dc-4213-87d6-f584b19d52bf"  }

- Thanks
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
Yes, thanks Ashley.

I've reached out to our engineering team who has started investigation. Myself and one of our Developer Relations Engineers tested this in both Sandbox and Production, and this doesn't appear to be an issue in Production, only in the Sandbox environment.

Could you please submit a developer support case with the details from our thread to make sure your issue and the resolution is tracked properly:  https://developers.ringcentral.com/api/support-cases/create
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
This should be fixed now, our engineering team deployed a hotfix last evening to resolve this issue.

Could you confirm if things are working for you again in the Sandbox please?
1 |3000

Hi there, unfortunately I now receive a 404 response on both the server and the API Explorer Page

This was the result back from using the API Explorer page:

Request URL
https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/active-calls

Response Body
no content

Response Code

Response Headers
{

"date": "Fri, 29 Apr 2016 17:18:32 GMT",
"routingkey": "SJC11P01PAS02",
"content-language": "en",
"content-length": "0",
"content-type": null
}

1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
Yes, thank you for your patience Ashley.

As of 9:07am Pacific time on April 29, 2016, the RingCentral Sandbox API's, non-oauth related resources and endpoints are currently returning HTTP 404 error responses. This issue is being actively investigated by our engineering team for a resolution.

This issue only appears to be impacting our Sandbox API's non-oauth resources. Developers are still able to make requests to /oauth/* endpoints in the Sandbox, but all other API resources are currently returning HTTP 404 errors.

Production API endpoints are not experiencing this issue. We will update this message once the issue has been resolved. If you experience any issues outside of this, or if you experience this issue in Production, please create a Developer Support case immediately with as many details as possible.

1 |3000

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered
This issue has been completely resolved on Sandbox environment. 
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys