question

micki-cheers2974 avatar image
micki-cheers2974 asked alabaster12328 commented

Zoho phonebridge integration issue

We have a US account with several departments and users. We've been trying to use the phonebridge integration with Zoho for almost a year with no real success.

Goal:

When an incoming call comes into a RC queue or direct extension a post-call Zoho window pops up (mobile and/or browser) and offers the opportunity to log the call with details. If the caller's number is already associated with a contact, it would be great if Zoho recognized that and associated the call with the contact/lead.

Stretch goal: Log outgoing calls make through RC too.

What happens

1. A contact/lead who is saved in Zoho calls my cell phone number directly, a post call pop up offers to log the call.

2. A contact/lead who is saved in Zoho calls the company number + extension. There is no prompt to log this call.

3. No outgoing calls can be completed from Zoho -> A contact/lead is saved in Zoho. We log into Zoho and the RC bridge and select call next to the contact's phone number in Zoho. I am asked what number I would like to be called at and am told that I will receieve a call, be prompted to press 1 and then will then be connected to the caller. However, this call never comes into me so Zoho displays a message saying that I did not press 1. In the call log, I can see that the company number is contacted and then hangs up after a few seconds, I suppose because no one clicked 1 as we are unable to.

4. No outgoing calls from RC mobile app triggers the post-call pop-up in Zoho.

I've pored over both the RC and Zoho documentation. The only relevant reference that I've found was on Zoho's website (https://www.zoho.com/crm/help/zoho-phonebridge/ringcentral.html) indicating the following

indicates that we need to login with the direct number and not the company number+extension. However, we don't have Direct Zoho numbers (additional $$$). Our system is configured to route callers to the auto-receptionist and based on the caller's selection, ring the appropriate department or user extension, which are all ultimately mobile phones.

There are multiple employees in our company.

-- How can we all log into RC without using the company number+extension?

-- Does this mean that Zoho requires us to buy additional phone numbers for everyone in order to use this feature?

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Hello Micki,

This appears to be an issue with how to configure our core product to operate with Zoho's off-the-shelf phonebridge service, and NOT with the App Gallery Zoho Integration...correct?

Link to the App Gallery listing for Zoho Integration:  https://developers.ringcentral.com/app-gallery.html#/app/zoho

If I am correct and this is about how to integrate with Zoho's off-the-shelf phonebridge service, then this would be a general community issue instead of a developer community issue since it is not directly related to our API, SDKs, etc... for developers.

I have assigned this issue to a member of the RingCentral General Community for review and to assist. I'll follow up with them tomorrow if I do not see an update here by end of day.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

micki-cheers2974 avatar image
micki-cheers2974 answered benjamin-dean commented
Hi Benjamin,

Yes, this is regarding the Zoho Phonebridge. I didn't hear back from you so I reposted my question in the General Community. Thanks!
3 comments
1 |3000

mike avatar image mike commented ·
Hello Micki,  Just letting you know that I'm getting someone to assist with this. 

Mike 
1 Like 1 ·
micki-cheers2974 avatar image micki-cheers2974 commented ·
Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
Thanks for your help Mike. :D
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered alabaster12328 commented
Micki,   Since this was developed by Zoho, they'll have to provide support for this.  However, I do have some contacts which I will email you privately.  Please check your email. 

Mike 
1 comment
1 |3000

alabaster12328 avatar image alabaster12328 commented ·
I am having a similar issue.  although we all have direct numbers, sometimes the Desk phone popup appears during a call and sometimes it never comes.  We desperately need to fix this to speed up our creation of tickets.  Can you please email me anyone who can help?  troy.titus@scale-tec.com . Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys