question

nicholas-head1632 avatar image
nicholas-head1632 asked Anirban answered

Why am I getting "Service is overloaded, please retry later" and "only calling available" errors?

I posted about this a while back, but it keeps happening randomly - sometimes when querying the API I'll get back "Service is overloaded, please retry later". At the same time, our in-office phones (based on RingCentral's desktop software) will usually start showing "Only calling available" in the top right corner.

So, what's the deal?

My logs show this happening today, 9/24, and a bunch on 9/14.

We can retry the API calls, sure, but having our actual phone system "go down" around the same time kinda makes me think something is wrong with RC's backend too. Are the two related?

errors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ak avatar image
ak answered

Hi Nicholas,

Could you please create a help support ticket and submit the API response and the logs for us to investigate. Thanks.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

These types of system/service issues, which are related to servers and accounts due to network issues, are best handled by the developer support team. Please contact them by submitting a help support ticket.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys