question

kyle3467 avatar image
kyle3467 asked isabel-jason8159 answered

Service Now RingCentral App

I am trying to integrate use of Service Now and RingCentral. There is a RingCentral app in the ServiceNow Store, but it is for the Geneva version of ServiceNow. At this point the current version is Helsinki and the app does not work with it.

I reached out to Service Now support and received the following response:

Reason and Proposed Solution:

The app is Geneva compatible only, meaning the developers have not yet implemented compatibility with the Helsinki release.

I put your instance name '#########' into the validator on the download link in the Store for the RingCentral app and received the following warning:

'Warning: This instance is not compatible with the app. We recommend installation only on compatible instances.'

They may make it compatible in future. Your best chance to find out would probably be through contacting the RingCentral support contact number: +1 888-898-4591.

They may know or could potentially find out who is developing the app.

Thus I am reaching out to see if the app can be made compatible with the Helsinki and any other versions of Service Now which may be coming out.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered kyle3467 commented
I have reached out to the team responsible for the ServiceNow integration with your information. They have acknowledged receipt of the request, and once we have an official response, it will be posted here.

Thanks for pointing this out. :)
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kyle3467 avatar image kyle3467 commented ·
Hi Benjamin. Do you have any update on the RingCentral app for Service Now?
0 Likes 0 ·
rose-gan avatar image rose-gan commented ·
Hi Kyle, Thank you for your interest in RingCentral for ServiceNow. Current version of RingCentral for ServiceNow supports Geneva, per schedule we will update it and make it compatible with Helsinki in Q1 2017. 
0 Likes 0 ·
kyle3467 avatar image kyle3467 commented ·
Thank you.  That is good to know.  During Q1 the release of a new version of Service Now, Istanbul, is expected.  Will there be compatibility with that release also? 
0 Likes 0 ·
isabel-jason8159 avatar image
isabel-jason8159 answered
I am trying to understand the scalability or limit in terms of number of users , applications build or integrations that can be set up on a single instance of ServiceNow production environment before we see performance degradation??

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys