question

kobie-williams4026 avatar image
kobie-williams4026 asked John Wang Deactivated commented

How do acquire the phone number of an incoming call?

What api do I use to get a notification of an incoming call on a particular extension with a Json response containing the phone number of the incoming call?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
This is largely going to depend upon "when" you need the data, but to broadly answer your question, you can use either the active-calls or presence for a particular extension.

If you need the data in near-real-time, I would recommend creating a Subscription (Push Notification) or Webhook (also Push Notification) for the Extension(s) you wish to receive this information. Here is a sample application showing how to use RingCentral Subscriptions. Here is a sample application showing how to use RingCentral Webhooks. Here is the documentation for Push Notifications.

If you need the incoming caller's phone number you can also use the active-calls or presence as I listed initially, but the rate limiting on these may restrict your usage of these resources which is why I suggested Subscriptions or Webhooks.

If you need this for analysis, I would recommend using Call-Log, and set the query parameter 'view=Detailed'.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dev-juiced6790 avatar image
dev-juiced6790 answered John Wang Deactivated commented
Is there a example to achieve this through asp.net
1 comment
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image John Wang ♦♦ commented ·
There is a PubNub subscription example with the C# SDK.

Go to the Subscription section of the README.md here:

https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-csharp-client#subscription

Both PubNub and webhooks are documented here:

https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefCreateSubscription

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys