question

srinivas-karlapudi4089 avatar image
srinivas-karlapudi4089 asked karah-finan11600 answered

"rc mobile" URL Scheme doesn't work as expected with Windows App

When I click on url "rcmobile://call?number=2147175095" in browser (firefox for example) the phone number is populated to SoftPhone App just only one time. After that when I click again on this url nothing happens. I tried to change the number, to change url to "rcmobile://sms?number=2147175095", but the problem isn't fixed.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

p.s. I try to integrate 'click to call' feature in our product.

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
It is highly recommended to develop an integration app using the Developer Portal instead of attempting to implement custom URI scheme at this time.

We recommend using the RingOut API or using the WebPhone (which is WebRTC, depending upon your integration needs).
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mathi-kumar1830 avatar image
mathi-kumar1830 answered benjamin-dean commented
Hello Dean,

We are also facing similar issue. We already implemented RingOut API and WebPhone in our product.
          Additionally we have thought of adding RC URI Scheme. It works well in Mac OS. But in windows ( chrome 56) when we dial out (second time and more) through RC Protocol using window.location.assign, it is getting cancelled.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Mathikumar
3 comments
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
This is a known issue with the custom RC URI Scheme which would need to be addressed through a support ticket. I would include a request to escalate your case to the RingCentral Soft Phone team since they own this feature and product.
1 Like 1 ·
mathi-kumar1830 avatar image mathi-kumar1830 commented ·
Thanks for your prompt reply. We will raise a case to respective team.
1 Like 1 ·
benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
Let me know what the outcome is please. :)
0 Likes 0 ·
karah-finan11600 avatar image
karah-finan11600 answered
Hi, we noticed our NetSuite and RingCentral API stopped working (one touch dialing and such). We are a NetSuite development firm, so we decided to release our own integration to the public. You can get it here:  https://www.proteloinc.com/netsuite-ringcentral-integration/
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys