question

alec-dfour3343 avatar image
alec-dfour3343 asked Tyler Liu answered

Web hook no longer works for present events while in production.

We are in production for months. Today at 1.53PM presence hook is no longer being called.

Then I discover that subscription was not running. The subscription was refreshed less that 24 hours ago much less than subscription expiration. What would be the reason for that?

webhooks
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Is it restored now? Are there any exceptions in the log?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

alec-dfour3343 answered
Actually  subscription was not renewed and expired.  I restarted app, created new subscription. 

When renewing subscription my app gets the list of extensions; to do that the app renews access token and gets this error

refresh token:{  "error" : "invalid_grant",
  "errors" : [ {
    "errorCode" : "OAU-202",
    "message" : "Refresh token was not issued for this application"
  } ],
  "error_description" : "Refresh token was not issued for this application"
}

What is application in this context?
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I think application is the app you created in developer.ringcentral.com. It seems that you are unable to refresh your access_token. If access_token expired, subscription will expired too(sooner or later).

I am not sure of the root cause without seeing the source code. Could you please post some sample code?
1 |3000

alec-dfour3343 answered
Yes. You are correct. We updated our app and got new app key. So we need to shutdown app and restart using new app key. A bit of a hassle when you upgrade your app.
Thank you for your help.
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
You are welcome!
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys