question

jocab4457 avatar image
jocab4457 asked Gaatu Support commented

RingCentral soft phone in developer mode

I want to setup RingCentral soft phone in developer mode to test inbound and outbound call applications. Can anyone have some step that I follow to make it work

Thanks

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
See the Getting Started Guide section on "Your Softphone":

From the softphone signin screen use the following key combination to bring up the environment toggle:

• Windows: Cntrl+F2
  • Mac: Fn+Command+F2
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jocab4457 avatar image
jocab4457 answered Gaatu Support commented
Hi John Wang,

thanks for you reply. i have tried the link which you give. but nothing happen when i press Cntrl + F2. i am using soft-phone for windows 7.

thanks
3 comments
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image John Wang ♦♦ commented ·
Can you check your Softphone version. I've verified this to work on Softphone version 8.4.5.25218 on Windows 7 Professional.
0 Likes 0 ·
Gaatu Support avatar image Gaatu Support John Wang ♦♦ commented ·

Hello there, I have the same issue on macOs Sierra. I press on Fn+Command+F2 and no popup is showing up to switch the environment. And my installed version of RingCentral is RingCentral-19.05.2.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Gaatu Support avatar image Gaatu Support Gaatu Support commented ·

I had the wrong app installed. I installed ringcentral app instead of ringcentral for phone thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys