question

ksanders4756 avatar image
ksanders4756 asked Tyler Liu commented

Creating / Modifying Users and Extensions?

We'd like to integrate Ring Central with our user provisioning automation. In the Developing with RingCentral documentation it talks about "EditExtensions" and "EditAccounts" permissions, but I'm not seeing any API calls for making modifications. Is this possible in the API?

getting startedextension
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Please login  https://developer.ringcentral.com/ to read the documentation. Some API calls documentation is only available after login.  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ksanders4756 answered
Hi Tyler, I'm still not seeing any permissions surrounding creating or editing users in the documentation you linked. Looking under the "application permissions."

Is it actually possible to create and edit users via the API?

The documentation I'm referencing is at  http://ringcentral-api-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/account_extension/#account-and-extension-inform...

Processing account and extensions requires certain permissions, different for each functionality. The permissions are listed so that each next includes the previous:

1. Retrieving account and extension data requires the "ReadAccounts" permission.

2. Modifying extension settings requires the "EditExtensions" permission.

3. Modifying account (including creating, modifying and deletion of extensions) requires the "EditAccounts" permission.

4. Creating new accounts requires the "Accounts" permission.

1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Can you access this:  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefModifyExtension ?

As I said, you need to login first.
1 |3000

ksanders4756 answered
Nope, that link just takes me to the top of the dev documentation. I scrolled down the table of contents and there's not much under the extension header. Tried Firefox and Chrome, just on the off chance it was my browser. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills... 

1 |3000

ak avatar image
ak answered

You must be enrolled in our beta program to access our beta APIs at this time. Beta APIs are preview releases and subject to change, however, we can provide access to customers with that caveat.

Could you please send an email to the developer support team or submit a support ticket with the name of the application and we would provide you access to the Beta API's instantly.

1 |3000

ksanders4756 answered
Perfect, I'm good to go. Thanks!
1 |3000

david-duquenoy7559 avatar image
david-duquenoy7559 answered Tyler Liu commented
Hello,
Is this feature still beta?
1 comment
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·

If you cannot see it from the documentation, then yes it is still in beta. You can request access to the beta API by sending an email to the developer support team or submitting a support ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys