question

jicihome-6687 avatar image
jicihome-6687 asked ak commented

Renew Subscription fail

Are the renew subscription requiere that webhook respond within 1000 milliseconds because I'm getting a unreachable error? Maybe you should put more time because this depend on a lot of thing that we don't always have control. I think that 5000 should be enough for everyone. Or maybe we should be able to set "never expire"

subscription
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ak avatar image
ak answered
Have you setup an event filter for WebHook expiry events? 
/restapi/v1.0/subscription/~?threshold=XXX&interval=YYY

Using this event filter you can manage the threshold and the interval for the events and you can re-subscribe later. 

For more information on how to receive expiry events, please take a look at our 

QuickStart Guide for Subscription using Webhooks
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jicihome-6687 answered
The issue is not about the expiry event but with the 1000 sec too short for us. So if the API try to renew the webhook, but got an "unreachable" error because 1000sec is over, I will get the same problem.
1 |3000

jicihome-6687 answered
So what I suggest is one of:  remove the need to renew subscription or raise the 1000ms limit at least
1 |3000

jicihome-6687 answered
I have do some test with some other API endpoint and your API, and a lot of time, this can take more than 1000 ms. So I think this is very very restrictive and should be raise. I never reach 3000ms, So I think this is enough. Sometimes, I reach a little bit over 2000.
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
The 1000ms requirement should be for general response, e.g. creating a webhook (verification) and events. It's interesting that you are only seeing this during subscription renewal. If this is the case, you can proactively renew the subscription since you know the expiration time. When you see a verification header you can have your server respond immediately without calling the other API endpoint.

We are looking into non-expiring webhooks but the above may be able to solve your situation now.
1 |3000

jicihome-6687 answered
This is what I already do. Using the renew endpoint to renew it before. But got this issue. But I think I have an idea why now. Will do some test and tell you if this work. Thanks for reply
1 |3000

jicihome-6687 answered ak commented
Finally. My test doesn't seem to give result. Always have the 
{
    "errorCode": "SUB-521",
    "message": "WebHook is not reachable",
    "errors": [
        {
            "errorCode": "SUB-521",
            "message": "WebHook is not reachable"
        }
    ]
}
error and this is exactly the same thing when I register the webhook the first time and this is not fast enough for ringcentral. Need to retry a lot of time until this work. But renewing make the webhook deleted if fail and I need to register it again...
3 comments
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image John Wang ♦♦ commented ·
Can you check your URL here:  https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html

This is specifically a SSL/TLS checker but will also check to see if your webhook URL is reachable.

If it is reachable, please create a support case.
0 Likes 0 ·
jicihome-6687 avatar image jicihome-6687 commented ·
The webhook is reachable. Like I told you, it's a question on ms... I will reach it 1 time on 3 without error. The only reason is the delay is too short. And if Renewing Webhook fail, I need to recreate it again...
0 Likes 0 ·
ak avatar image ak commented ·

Jicihome,

Could you provide some information on how you are creating a subscription using webhooks ?

By that I mean are you using a Framework ? ( Javascript Express , Silex , Laravel, cakePHP etc ? ) If you could provide the code we can check and see what is going on and we can pass the details on to the team and investigate further.

You may also alternatively create a developer support case by providing the team with the above details.

0 Likes 0 ·
jicihome-6687 answered
Any news on that?
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys