question

doug-newgass6896 avatar image
doug-newgass6896 asked doug-newgass6896 commented

Autodialing program triggered by a GPS geofence - Any ideas?

I'm trying to tie in a GPS trigger from a geofence to an autodialing program with no interaction required from the user. The call would be routed to an IVR program and provide the needed prompts that are a constant and don't change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. GPS platform has the ability to send SMS and email upon geofence activation as a potential triggering event. I'm a novice but very eager to learn...Thanks in advance for you consideration!

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
You might want to take a look at zapier.com if you have not already.  It has some hooks into RingCentral and maybe you don't need RingCentral at all to accomplish this.  Is this GPS running on mobile phones or some stand alone system?  Either way I think zapier can take an SMS trigger and then do things with RingCentral or thousands of other actions.  Good luck.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

doug-newgass6896 avatar image
doug-newgass6896 answered doug-newgass6896 commented
Thanks Brandon; I'll totally check that out...  It is a stand alone system hard wired into the vehicle.

Thanks again for the tip!
2 comments
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
Sure.  Also, IFTTT is similar to Zapier with triggers and actions.
0 Likes 0 ·
doug-newgass6896 avatar image doug-newgass6896 commented ·
I tried IFTTT  first but was unable to find anything that was a fit there.. Just reached out to the folks at zapier..  Fingers crossed.. Thanks again!
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys