question

oaks avatar image
oaks asked saadetswift16514 commented

Call recording: beep is too loud; option to mute or lower volume or disable

Peeping sound for call recording too loud. Either we can lower the sound or mute the sound.

call recording
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-morpeth297 avatar image
chris-morpeth297 answered
Definitely too loud.  Agents reporting that they can't hear their customers over the beep.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ted-nevins avatar image
ted-nevins answered
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!  How can we get this turned off or turned down.  Everyone is complaining that the beep is too loud and getting in the way of them hearing the other person on the line.

Additionally, is the beep a law anywhere?  Because when I speak to other companies such as GEICO, or Microsoft they tell me I am recorded but I do not hear beeps from their systems.  Why must we do it??? 
1 |3000

mangayan avatar image
mangayan answered mike Deactivated commented
The intermittent beep during outgoing calls is driving me and my clients crazy. I have to stagger my words around the beeping. Of course I know all calls are recorded, I don't need the persistent beeping to remind me. Please help!!
3 comments
1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
You can use the default announcement, or create your own announcement, that the call will be recorded. If you do that there would be no reason to include the beeping. You can then turn the beeping off by deselecting the box titled " Play periodic tones for outbound calls".

0 Likes 0 ·
john-hale avatar image john-hale commented ·
Play periodic tones for outbound calls... what about inbound call?  

0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image mike commented ·
Hi John,  Are you asking if there's an option to turn on/off the tones for incoming calls?  You'll probably want to submit a feature request and include the specifcs: 
How do I submit a request for a new Idea or Feature?
0 Likes 0 ·
orangetheory-fitness-moorestown avatar image
orangetheory-fitness-moorestown answered saadetswift16514 commented
Where can we find the "automatic call recording" option?
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Orangetheory Fitness Moorestown, the Automatic Call Recording option is located under the Auto-Receptionist. If you're a Super Admin on the account, you'll see it under the Phone System tab.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app