question

neil-bouvier4849 avatar image
neil-bouvier4849 asked John Wang Deactivated commented

Fax failing. Ring Central does not respond to open tickets

Fax failing. Critical problem. No support.

Of four faxes, six have failed.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kevin-zeng8345 avatar image
kevin-zeng8345 answered
What SDK are you using? Can you also post the error response or error message? Thanks
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

neil-bouvier4849 answered
Nodejs

Name Phone Number Date and Time Result+1 (518) 7735417Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 08:24 PMFailed
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered

Neil,

For an issue such as this, please open a support ticket. Please create a support ticket by following the instructions at the bottom of this page or sending an email to the developer support team.

https://developer.ringcentral.com/support.html

Thanks,

John

1 |3000

neil-bouvier4849 answered John Wang Deactivated commented
Are you joking?  You've instructed me to this site to open a ticket regarding the ticket I've opened?

This is an Open Ticket.
1 comment
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image John Wang ♦♦ commented ·

As mentioned by VB below, your tickets in our system were opened roughly at the time of my request and your comment here (1 hour ago now), not the time of the original post mentioned in the post title (18 hours ago now). If you have earlier tickets for this issue please let us know so our team can make sure we have all your information.

For clarification, support tickets are not opened on this community site. They are opened by creating a ticket following the link at the bottom of our support page or by sending an email to the developer support team. The Support Page also has a link to check the status of your tickets.

0 Likes 0 ·
vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered

Hi Neil,

I have responded back to your email. The case was opened today at ~11AM PST . We respond back to developers as soon as possible.

I did look at the faxes that are sent from your account. On initial investigation, the status of the sent faxes shows that the fax device at receiving end shows up as busy. Please check the device settings on the receiving end.

Also, please provide us with the information specified below to help us in investigating the issues with Developer APIs when you open a support case with Developer Support

Organization Name:

Application Name/ ID:

Environment you have issue with (SANDBOX/PRODUCTION ):

Account phone number / Extension you have issue with :

Brief description of the issue:

Full API Request and Response Along with the Request/Response Headers (required for all API related issues ) :

Debug logs from you application ( if any ):

Account Credentials ( only if the account is sandbox account , for testing purposes only):

Attach Screenshots (if any ):

Direct email/ contact information ( if email different from the above mentioned email ) :

Feel free to let me know if you have any other concerns.

VB

1 |3000

neil-bouvier4849 answered John Wang Deactivated commented
VB, You are the third person involved.  You are the first to investigate.  John Wang simply directed me to (re) enter the ticket.
1 comment
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image John Wang ♦♦ commented ·
VB is on our developer support team which is responsible for responding to support tickets and I brought him in to investigate your issue here. Per VB, we could not find a ticket from you in our system until our interaction here.

From his post, your recipient fax phone numbers are busy. You can retrieve this information via the 'call-log' API where each call-log entry has a 'result' property with this information. Then you can work with the parties you are sending to regarding availability of their fax lines.

Information on the call log API endpoint is here:

Extension Call Log (for an individual extension)
https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html?section=RefUserCallLog.html#!#RefGetUse...

Account Call Log (for all extensions)
https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html?section=RefUserCallLog.html#!#RefGetCom...
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys