question

tinson avatar image
tinson asked jessica-community-moderator commented

Default Company Greeting not saying actual company name

On the auto-receptionist default company greeting it is just saying 'my company name' instead of our actual company name. What am I doing wrong? The correct name is set up in the company profile section.

admin portal
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered
Tinson, It needs to be set up in your system admin extension (x101 if you haven't changed it).
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tinson avatar image
tinson answered
Thank you - but under the Company Name bit it says it will be used in the default greeting?
1 |3000

dr-xavier-amador avatar image
dr-xavier-amador answered saadetswift16514 commented
This does not work. The auto Receptionist keeps saying "MY COMPANY NAME" very frustrating.
2 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hello! I took a look at your account and I see what you mean. What's interesting is that the correct name is pronounced when your number is dialed. I will do some more research on this!
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Looks like this is working as designed. As long as the correct name shows up in the text preview and when you call the main phone number you hear the correct name, then you are all good to go. 
0 Likes 0 ·
tonya-wood14369 avatar image
tonya-wood14369 answered jessica-community-moderator commented
The greeting can't pronounce "logistics". How can this be corrected?
7 comments
1 |3000

tonya-wood14369 avatar image tonya-wood14369 commented ·
Thanks. I changed to a customized greeting but I really don't want to hear my voice on the greeting. :)
1 Like 1 ·
Thanks
1 Like 1 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Tonya, 

I'll do some digging and see what I can find! 
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Tonya, 

I reached out to one of our product manager's and there isn't really an available fix for that at this time. RingCentral does partner with a voice recording company if you're interested in getting a recording that isn't your voice :) Sorry for the inconvenience! 
0 Likes 0 ·
What is the cost to use the voice recording company?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered
TINSON

Just following up on some old threads.  Did you still need help with this one? 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app