question

joe-pryor avatar image
joe-pryor asked simon-c commented

RingCentral for Salesforce - Open New Window/Tab

My problem is that none of my employees like the Ringcentral for Salesforce app. Why? Because if they are in the middle of setting up a case or job or opportunity and the phone rings it changes to the incoming contact page and they lose all their work. Is their a way to set it up so a call opens a NEW tab with the contact?
salesforce
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hello Joe,

The admin on the Salesforce account can go into the Softphone Layout Settings and edit the layout. You will want to select the option underlined below:

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

joe-pryor avatar image
joe-pryor answered saadetswift16514 commented
This solved my problem. There are several interesting and helpful setting on this layout page. Worth customizing.
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hello Joe,

That's great to hear!
0 Likes 0 ·
kevin-hart10450 avatar image
kevin-hart10450 answered simon-c commented
This feature no longer appears to work - at least in lightning. We have the screen pops set to New browser window or tab, but it is still changing the current tab to the new record. It is quite frustrating!
10 comments
1 |3000

jitender-kumar avatar image jitender-kumar commented ·
Hello Simon, 
Salesforce Lightning is supposed to be used within in a single browser tab since there are model windows within a single tab unlike classic where you keep multiple tabs open for multiple entities. My comment is pretty old, we used to have links for matching results on call log on the old versions of the app but not anymore.  Any specific question or concern we can answer for you ? 
1 Like 1 ·
Scott Van Heurck avatar image Scott Van Heurck jitender-kumar commented ·

WOW so this is not useable? Is there no update on this at all?????

0 Likes 0 ·
simon-c avatar image simon-c commented ·
Yeah that's what I thought. It's unfortunate that the pop is basically unusable because of this. Too high a risk for users to lose entered data when the phone rings.
1 Like 1 ·
beth-magann avatar image beth-magann commented ·
Hello - we are new to RingCentral and just discovered the same problem with the Salesforce integration.  If we have the screenpop on, our users will lose their work by answering an incoming call. There is no link for the user to use.  The RingCentral for Salesforce Lightning Admin guide includes instructions for opening in a new tab vs. existing.  But if I'm reading this correctly, that actually is not possible?  So what are the options for using this salesforce app? Either users losing their work or having no screen pops aren't good options.  Are there other choices?  Thank you!

1 Like 1 ·
Scott Van Heurck avatar image Scott Van Heurck beth-magann commented ·

Has there been any update on this subject. We are brand new to RC and I see the popup still opens in the same window and users lose their work.

0 Likes 0 ·
simon-c avatar image simon-c Scott Van Heurck commented ·

Yes, this is not a limitation in RC but a restriction in SF.

Our solution has been to only make the window pop when our agent answers the call. That way they have time to save any work or simply not pickup the phone.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
jitender-kumar avatar image jitender-kumar commented ·
Hello Kevin, 
Unfortunately this setting is not supported by Salesforce in Lightning

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_cti.meta/api_cti/sforce_api_cti_screenpop_lex....

Fortunately we have links to matching entities in the app and you could possibly use no pop up option in Softphone layout and user can always pop up matching entity at their will 
0 Likes 0 ·
simon-c avatar image simon-c commented ·
Jitender can you explain what you mean?
0 Likes 0 ·
george-arce avatar image
george-arce answered
This is disappointing that it does not open on a new windows under lightning. 
1 |3000

carolinegonzales15742 avatar image
carolinegonzales15742 answered
This is a salesforce limitation. I would recommend you comment on their ideas-exchange as we agree this was something users wanted.  https://success.salesforce.com/ideasearch
1 |3000

jameso-hare avatar image
jameso-hare answered
The RingCentral for Lightning app has several issues if users have multiple tabs open. The Related To drop down menu will not populate any records for the browser tab which answered the call, but this drop down menu will be populated in any other open Salesforce Lightning tab (but for whatever record page that tab has loaded). Having the records populate the related list based on the most recently active browser window could solve this issue. 
1 |3000

srikumar-subramaniam5985 avatar image
srikumar-subramaniam5985 Deactivated answered
Hello James,

Based on the details you provided, I believe you are encountering an expected behaviour of the App.
The Call Match is being pulled based on the entity you have navigated to which varies between different browser tabs. Looks like in your call scenario there is no match for an entity based on the phone number. This is an expected behaviour. We could consider enhancing the App to reflect the record based on the latest navigated tab which would need us to do technical and business feasibility analysis.

If you believe that there should be records matched based on phone number and it does not show up correctly, please open a RingCentral support case.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app