question

vs5623 avatar image
vs5623 asked previous-clients14347 answered

MMS /none US phone numbers

MMS does not seem to work for Canadian phone numbers. Is there any way around this?

sms and text messaging
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hello vs,

Our Product Team is diligently working on this issue. Below is a summary of what's going on:

Currently only one major carrier allows MMS traffic from over-the-top (OTT) services like RC to be delivered. Some other carriers block MMS traffic from competitive non-wireless (landline/VoIP) messaging services. We have requested these other carriers to open MMS traffic from legitimate OTT services like RingCentral but have not heard back
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered
For now the feature is only working on US accounts, but our Product Team is aware of this and working on it.  The full rollout isn't expected to be done for a few more weeks.

Mike
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-boere2450 avatar image
chris-boere2450 answered vs5623 commented
Mike,
Your comment about a few more weeks for Canadian numbers was 4 weeks ago.
Can we get an update posted?
Thanks.
2 comments
1 |3000

mike avatar image mike commented ·
HI Chris,   Sorry for the delay but we still don't have an ETA on this.  I just checked again with our Product team and they are still working on this.  This issue affects MMS sent within Canada, and/or  U.S. sending too Canada as well.   I'll update this thread as soon as I hear more.

Mike
0 Likes 0 ·
vs5623 avatar image vs5623 commented ·
Mike,

It works for area code 647 which is Canadian.  However, not for 416 which is also Canadian.  So your Product team should look at why it works for 647 and see if they can copy that.
Thanks,
0 Likes 0 ·
jamie-martyn1376 avatar image
jamie-martyn1376 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Latest update was 3 weeks ago. When I opened the RingCentral mobile app there was a message saying mms was now available so I tried and it did not work. I've now been chatting with support for 20 minutes and they finally told me it still isn't available in Canada. When will this be available? And why would I get a notification saying I can send an mms when I can't?
7 comments
1 |3000

vs5623 avatar image vs5623 commented ·
Please advise if any updates on MMS for Canadian numbers?  It has been now over 5 months.
1 Like 1 ·
Hey Jamie,

There has been some issues with a carrier in Canada. I don't have access to many details but I know that our team is working on getting this remedied. Is it still unavailable for you?
0 Likes 0 ·
chris-boere2450 avatar image chris-boere2450 commented ·
I just tried to and from my RC desk top app and my Rogers cell phone. Did not work.
0 Likes 0 ·
jamie-martyn1376 avatar image jamie-martyn1376 commented ·
I just tested again and it still does not work. My phone provider is Bell.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks for the update, Chris & Jamie. I'll update this thread when I get more information about this and when it's fixed :)
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
chris-boere2450 avatar image
chris-boere2450 answered
Just sent a test pic to and from a Telus cell phone and a Bell cell phone. Don't know anybody with a Rogers cell phone.

Telus can send and receive pics.

Bell can NOT send and receive pics.
1 |3000

epbinvoices avatar image
epbinvoices answered epbinvoices commented
Rogers doesn't work either and I'm told by a tech today that MMS is not currently supported within Canada for RingCentral.  Last update was 3 months ago, but I'm told this today.

1 comment
1 |3000

epbinvoices avatar image epbinvoices commented ·
I'm using Text Magic in the meantime. Works perfectly. charges per text instead of per month.
0 Likes 0 ·
jeffrey-bowles1 avatar image
jeffrey-bowles1 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Any update on this?
1 comment
1 |3000

Sorry, Jeffrey :( I haven't received an update from our Product Team on this
0 Likes 0 ·
previous-clients14347 avatar image
previous-clients14347 answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Seeing pics sent by customers in Canada. Hi. My main listed number for my home service company has been ported over to Ring Central. Sometimes I need to see pics (or rugs or furniture needing cleaning) that my potential clients want me to see so i can quote on them... I can get text messages from my clients, but not pics. to see pics I have to tell them my personal cell phone number, defeating the purpose of having a centralized phone number so more people than just me can interact with that client.  

When will this important service be available in my area if ever?

Thanks in advance, Nathan
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app