question

alan11589 avatar image
alan11589 asked Anirban answered

incoming fax shows partial receive status and faxing is very slow

I am using the C sharp client sdk to send faxes through the production environment. Everything seems to be working as it should, except when I examine the call logs the incoming fax shows the Result as "Partial Receive". It never changes the Result message, but eventually the fax is received and I am able to view it and it is complete. Why is the result message never updated?

I am sending using the C# client sdk through my Ring Central account to a fax number I created in my RC account. I would think this would go much smoother where both numbers are in my own RC account. The email method seems to be much faster, but I was having problems with relays banning me as spam.

Since the material (medical info) is time sensitive I need to know if the API method is reliable and what I should expect for transmission times?

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered
I can recommend you to contact RingCentral customer support. The problem is most likely unrelated to the API.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Hi Alan,

The SDK is unlikely to cause fax to be slow.  Could you please try RingCentral desktop app? Is fax also slow there?

As Anton suggested, please contact customer support because this doesn't seem to be a programming issue.

Best Regards,

Tyler
1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

You can also check similar type of issues raised in forum:

https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/255/long-delay-in-fax-delivery.html

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys