question

justin-nguyen11499 avatar image
justin-nguyen11499 asked Leonard leWang Deactivated edited

How to send SMS from direction number or company number (Not main company number)

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I don't quite understand your question. But as far as I can tell, the sms is sent on behalf of the current logged-in user. You can specify the user's direct number as the "from" parameter and it should work.

Let me know if you have further questions.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

justin-nguyen11499 avatar image
justin-nguyen11499 answered
I have a list of company numbers, they don't contain extension but when I send messages from RingCentral phone application then I can select one of them to make the output. How to authorize and send sms from this numbers.
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Numbers are assigned to extensions. You can check numbers of extension by /restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/phone-number

So you just authorize as that extension. And send sms from its assigned numbers.
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered justin-nguyen11499 commented
You can get a list of extensions by /restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension

Then check their numbers by /restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/phone-number.

Most likely you will find which extension owns the phone numbers.

Please reply if it doesn't work for you.
1 comment
1 |3000

justin-nguyen11499 avatar image justin-nguyen11499 commented ·
Thanks you very much, I have sent successfully !
0 Likes 0 ·
will-jensen11557 avatar image
will-jensen11557 answered will-jensen11557 commented
Is it possible to use any of the company numbers as the caller id for any of the extensions? Essentially having a many-to-many relationship between extensions and company numbers? I have a requirement to choose an extensions from number on an SMS text based on the recipient (basically making it look like the message is coming from a local area code).

3 comments
1 |3000

paco-vu avatar image paco-vu commented ·
Hi Will,

You question is different from the original question in this thread. So next time please post a new question instead.

Now, back to your question.

Yes, all the caller ids (phone numbers) specified for the main company number (normally a 101 extension with admin role) can be used as the caller id for any other extensions under the same account.
0 Likes 0 ·
will-jensen11557 avatar image will-jensen11557 commented ·
Apologies. I will create a new thread as I have additional questions.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys