question

richpapp8674 avatar image
richpapp8674 asked benjamin-burkhead8336 commented

Desktop App Interruptions

USA. I use a headset so the RC for Windows is always up. However, when calls are received at the office, tho not for my extension, each call interrupts my typing! I need to be able to answer calls sometimes, receive call transfers, etc., but should not have the active window automatically change- which interrupts my work. Solution?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

shelly-roth5155 avatar image
shelly-roth5155 answered
i would like the answer to this as well.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cglassy3135 avatar image
cglassy3135 answered
USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets 

2018-02-26  A few questions to see a little more about your environment:

1. Is your extension part of the Main Line call queue? 

2. Are there Advanced Calling Rules forwarding calls from the Main Line on your account? 

3. Do you have Presence configured to Ring My Phone every time a calls comes in?   This is what sounds like it is the most likely situation.   Check your Presence Settings for lines you are monitoring. 

Another option is to use Dual Monitors - we have all site secretaries setup that way as their Heads Up Display is always on so they can monitor and route all incoming phone traffic on their main lines to extensions at each of our 28 sites.   This allows them to have the HUD up and visible all day but continue their work on the other monitor without interruption. 

We realize this is not going to work for everyone, but this option does work
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered benjamin-burkhead8336 commented
Windows or Mac?  On Mac I was able to go into settings > general > run application minimized and also settings > calls > display incoming call in standalone window > disabled and it does not interrupt my current window.  I get a bouncing dock icon and also a message center display in the top right only.
1 comment
1 |3000

benjamin-burkhead8336 avatar image benjamin-burkhead8336 commented ·
This was the answer to provide my users a workaround. Thank you :) 

It would be great to have the option to allow a standalone window AND not have it interrupt my current window, though. 
0 Likes 0 ·
shelly-roth5155 avatar image
shelly-roth5155 answered
I have windows, but i am seeing these in the same place.  I have tried to change my settings and will see if I still have the issue. Thanks Brandon!
1 |3000

richpapp8674 answered
WIndows.  
1 |3000

richpapp8674 answered saadetswift16514 commented
No idea on the first 2 questions.  We are new to RC, but i am learning.

What are the steps to check Presence config?  

Well, I have 3 monitors - so moving the RC for Windows screen to a less used monitor will avoid the interruption?  

Thanks.
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi RichPapp,

Here is an article that goes over Presence :)

As for the 3 monitors, I'm not sure as I only have 2 monitors
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app