question

chris-chan10359 avatar image
chris-chan10359 asked Rory Chaplin commented

Disable auto purchase

How do you disable auto-purchase?

We never want people to be able to make 411 or international calls (or other tolled calls) from our phones, so we never need call credits.

We've just been charge $20 for a 0 second 411 call that someone dialled on our phone.

billing
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
Keep in mind, you can block international calling by several means on your account as well as through roles. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Hey Chris,

There is no way to disable auto-purchasing - one of the reasons being that running out of calling credits will affect your services.

Danno is right, you can completely Disable International Calling for your account in order to avoid this. However, if you need some people to be able to dial internationally but others don't, you can either assign those users with the Standard Role or you could create a Custom Role
2 comments
1 |3000

chris-chan10359 avatar image chris-chan10359 commented ·
411 isn't an international call.  How do we disable tolled calls such as 411?

None of our services require calling credits. We have never needed them or had them before someone tried to make a 411 call. This $20 charge will likely expire and be wasted without ever being used.

Can we request a refund on the credit?
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Chris, 411 dialing cannot be disabled at this time.

You will need to speak with your Account Manager regarding any refunds. If you don't know who that is, email me at community.support@ringcentral.com and I'll grab their information for you.
0 Likes 0 ·
Rory Chaplin avatar image
Rory Chaplin answered Rory Chaplin commented
I have had a UK 0800 Ringcentral number for 11 years and was just today charged 10+VAT for a 'Auto-Purchase Calling Credit Package' which I did not agree to or sign up for. An agent from Ringcentral explained that it was because I had tried to make a call that was out of my calling package. I explained that this must be a recent change (in order to generate more revenue for Ringcentral I would imagine) because before today, if I tried to make a call that was not in my calling package it simply would not connect. As I type, the agent, at my request, says "the auto-purchase feature is being disabled" something that I can not change in my account online (how convenient). The agent also said that my 10+VAT is being refunded and that I "can keep the existing credit on my account" as a gesture of good will I would imagine. I now just have to hope that the refund and the auto-purchase cancellation will actually happen. I find it quite unacceptable how companies seem to be finding ways to add an auto-purchase / auto-renew features to accounts without customers direct permission, even if they change their terms and conditions and in the process do not feel obliged to explain this major 'update' which they brand as a "convenience" rather than call it what it is - gross negligence / theft as far as I'm concerned!
2 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Rory, 

Please reach out to us at review@ringcentral.com, and we will have someone look into your situation for you. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Rory Chaplin avatar image Rory Chaplin commented ·
Hi Jessica, as far as I'm aware the disabling of this feature has happened and the refund will be happening so I will 'reach out' to you if the latter doesn't.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app