question

mike-m11681 avatar image
mike-m11681 asked J.B. Ferguson commented

Setting up new IVR

US - I'm a new user on Ring Central. Trying to setup a simple single level IVR. All I want it to do is prompt people to press 1-4 and send to an extension. I've set up the IVR with the prompt, but now I can't switch from company hours and after hours greetings to IVR. When I select bypass greeting or setup custom rule they only allow me to select an extension instead of the IVR extension. Any suggestions?

call forwarding
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered
The numbers 1-4 will associate with an extension. Then you will tell your callers, in your Company Greeting, what to press, i.e., Press 1 for Sales, Press 2 for Support, Press 3 for Office Hours, etc.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike-m11681 avatar image
mike-m11681 answered J.B. Ferguson commented
Thanks Jan.  I think I have that set up correctly.  Each of the key presses is already associated with the correct extension.  I'm just trying to turn the IVR on.  I don't know how to get the IVR to start working as the greeting.  The system is still greeting callers with the Company Hours Greeting.  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?  Everything I can find online says to switch to multi-level IVR, but I don't believe I need multi-level for this simple setup.
4 comments
1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
I can't see your configuration but if you do have it set up correctly it will just be a matter of doing the following:

Re-record
the Company Greeting to include the IVR choices. For example:

Thank you for calling the XYZ Widget Company. If you know your party's extension you can enter it at any time.
For Sales, Press 1
For Support, Press 2
For Customer Billing, Press 3,
For Office Hours, Press 4

That will THEN become your company greeting and your callers will then know what keys to press.

Make certain that the Company Hours Greeting is the one you are re-recording....not a voicemail greeting (a common mistake).

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes 0 ·
mike-m11681 avatar image mike-m11681 commented ·
Thanks for all the help Jan.  I figured out the problem.  I needed to switch from single level IVR to multi level.  The system only works when it is switched to multi level.  Appreciate your assistance
0 Likes 0 ·
You're very welcome! I'm glad you got it working the way you need it to.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app