question

matt-spinks2179 avatar image
matt-spinks2179 asked matt-spinks2179 commented

Is multi-site data present in call log, message log, or phone number list APIs?

I have been requested to pull call logs and message logs for a RingCentral customer who has the "Multi-site" feature enabled. They requested that I create a separate folder for each "Site".

However, I've been searching around for documentation on the "Multi-Site" feature within the RingCentral API, and I cannot find anything. Is there any way to determine some sort of "SiteId" or "SiteName" from any of the following api end points?

• Company Phone Number List
  • Get Company Call Log Records
  • Get Message List

Or, do any of these other alternatives exists?

• Is there a separate API endpoint that gives me the list of sites for a company/account?
  • Is the SiteID encoded into the ExtensnionID or AccountID?
  • Does each "Site" already correspond to a separate, distinct AccountID?

rest apicall logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I am unaware of such feature supported by RingCentral. Is "site" a terminology used by customer only? I remember a customer have several subdomains:  site1.example.com, site2.example.com...etc and they can it multi-site.  If this is the case it has little to do with RingCentral.

It is better to let customer clarify what is a "site".
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

matt-spinks2179 avatar image
matt-spinks2179 answered matt-spinks2179 commented
That's what I am not sure of. But RingCentral does define a "Multi-Site" feature:  https://netstorage.ringcentral.com/datasheets/multi_site_support.pdf.

But I'm just not sure at what level a "site" exists. It could be that a "site" is simply another account that happens to be under the same billing umbrella as several other accounts. In that case, then each "site" would basically be a separate company or account (I presume) from the point of view of the API. And if so, I can handle that. But I'm having trouble finding any documentation whatsoever in regards to "multi-site" technology from the perspective of the API. 
4 comments
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Now I think it is a concept for company contacts: /restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/directory/entries

So you can get the list of company contact or get a single entry of company contact.

And company contact has a property named "site".
1 Like 1 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Thank you for the link, Matt. It is the first time that I see it. I will investigate and get back to you later.
0 Likes 0 ·
matt-spinks2179 avatar image matt-spinks2179 commented ·
Thanks Tyler. Sorry it took so long to respond. But this looks like what I am looking for. I needed a way to group multiple accounts when they are set up with the multi-site feature. And I think this will do it.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys