question

john-andrews13140 avatar image
john-andrews13140 asked jessica-community-moderator commented

outlook plugin not installed on MacOS

Account Type: US

After updating to MacOS Mojave (v10.14.2) a previous installation of the RingCentral Plugin for Outlook is no longer available. I've tried reinstalling and even after a restart of Outlook (and my laptop) the plugin is not available. The version of Outlook I have is 16.16.5.

Is there a resolution for this?

Thanks,

John

o365
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike-hou573 avatar image
mike-hou573 answered
Hi John,
Apologize on the issue which is a limitation of Mac OS 10.14, however, we just released a beta solution to fix that:
  1. You can click "Store" at the top menu bar on your Outlook client, then:
  2. Go to "My add-ins" on the left menu
  3. Scroll a bit to "Custom add-ins": "+Add a custom add-in", pick by URI, here is the URI you need: http://dn.ringcentral.com/data/web/download/RCMeetings/1210/RCMeetingsOutlookAddinSetup.xml

After that, you can see a plugged button when you are scheduling a meeting "Add RingCentral Meeting"

Thanks
Mike from product team
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

john-andrews13140 avatar image
john-andrews13140 answered
Thanks!  That worked.  The installation notes don't say that so I was confused why it didn't show up.  I'm sharing the instructions on my work slack channel. 
1 |3000

christian-duncan13359 avatar image
christian-duncan13359 answered jessica-community-moderator commented
The old version of the plugin has been updated and will now work in Mojave.
2 comments
1 |3000

stuart-hill15918 avatar image stuart-hill15918 commented ·
Nope... Installed and doesn't show up....
Tried above and just get region timezone mismatch errors
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hey Stuart, 

Check out this other thread, it has some more info on the timezone error:  https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/mojave-outlook-plug-in-timezone-issue
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app