question

nickcowell7427 avatar image
nickcowell7427 asked nickcowell7427 answered

is it possible to have a different custom message for different telephone numbers

Hi,

I am in the UK and have multiple telephone numbers coming into one phone. I am just a small business.

I have just bought a fellow competitors telephone number and would like to know if it is possible to record and use a separate custom message when I cant answer the phone.

Basically what i am asking is whether my own business (business 1) can have one voicemail message, announcing business 1s name and the new business (business 2) can have a separate voicemail message announcing the name of business 2. All calls come to me using ring central on one account.

Many thanks

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tom-franciosi3602 avatar image
tom-franciosi3602 answered
Yes, you can.  Simply setup Call Queues for each greeting you need and add your extension as a Member.  Customize the greeting and settings for each, add the phone number to the respective queue and you're running.  You can set each to send the voicemails on them (wav file and/or Voicemail to Text) to a common email address. 

Additionally, if you install the PC application on your computer you can see which call queue the caller dialed so you can answer it with an appropriate greeting.  I use my desk phone and not the app, but I have the app installed on my PC and it pops up when the phone rings and I can see what number was called.

RC tech support can walk you through this.  They are damn good!
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nickcowell7427 avatar image
nickcowell7427 answered
Thats great, thanks for your detailed response. Ill go and take a look now.
Many thanks
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app