question

charmaine-eusebio12564 avatar image
charmaine-eusebio12564 asked mary-community-moderator edited

Is there a way for us to add roles in every users not to access the contacts?

permissionscontacts
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cglassy3135 avatar image
cglassy3135 answered mary-community-moderator edited

USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

2019-01-23 It would depend on the service level for your account. Contacting your Customer Service Manager would help you determine if your account includes Custom Roles, that is what to ask about. If the account you are paying for includes Custom Roles, you can ask for assistance from Support for creating a template for all the users you want to exclude from Directory (Contacts) Access then apply it to all of them. That might be the quickest way to achieve what it sounds like you are trying to do.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/10640-user-roles-permissions-create-custom-role.html

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

charmaine-eusebio12564 avatar image charmaine-eusebio12564 commented ·
hi, have tried setting up custom roles but in general option, the contacts is still their.

0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered charmaine-eusebio12564 commented
Hi charmaine, could you provide more details? Which contacts are you referring to?
6 comments
1 |3000

contact lists
0 Likes 0 ·
I do not like that my other employees will have a visibility to my contacts, even if its set to standard roles or customize roles the contacts lists is still showing.

0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
All Users will have access to the Company Directory...however, your Personal Contacts shouldn't be visible to others. So, I'm not quite sure what you're referring to...
0 Likes 0 ·
Is there a way for them not to see the directory?
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
No, since the Company Directory is there for Users so that they can find their colleagues easily. One thing our Product Team is looking at in the future is the ability to exclude certain Users from the Company Directory. You can follow this thread so that you will be notified on any changes.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app