question

IMS ExpertServices avatar image
IMS ExpertServices asked Rahul G answered

Call log discrepancy for ringout calls

Automated daily call log reports are not matching the results being pulled in by the API. We are currently pulling in call logs via the API and those metrics are not picking up calls where someone used a desk phone in conjunction with the RingCentral Chrome extension. However; the calls show up on the daily call log that is emailed.

Seems to be related to ringout calls missing the call from name / call from number.

Please let me know if you need examples, and I will upload some.

Our app name is: RC_Log_Exporter

ringout
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
It would be helpful if you can provide some sample data. Please wipe out all sensitive information (if any) before you post them on public place.

Can you also mention about the API you daily pull out the data automatically. Is that the active call poll or via notification etc.?

Thanks!
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

IMS ExpertServices answered
As of right now, we are polling via API to get the last 10-15 minutes of call logs. 

We are also filtering what enters the system by the Call Log ID. 

These (above) are the sample logs we have with the issue calls highlighted in yellow. 

Let me know if there is any more information or details that might be needed. Thanks!
1 |3000

IMS ExpertServices answered

@Phong Vu

Were you able to find any answers to this issue?

Is there any additional information, you need, that we can provide?

1 |3000

Joe Ramos avatar image
Joe Ramos answered

Was this issue resolved, having similar issue with the complete leg of a call.

1 |3000

Rahul G avatar image
Rahul G answered

May be the call log needs to be fully exported - are you using the right API/option for the export? I saw a post on how to do that in this link - https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/voice/call-log/reading-call-log

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys