question

rhaylander-almeida7811 avatar image
rhaylander-almeida7811 asked rhaylander-almeida7811 answered

Ring-out as another extension from a service user

Hi,

I have an App used to authenticate through OAuth with a service user as the goal is to have customers authenticating just once. I'm working with the Ring-Out API to initiate calls on behalf of users from our application, and it works as far as the correct "from" phone number is provided to a given extension, however, it seems wrong in "Call Log" as the calls originating extension is actually the one from the service user.

A detailed explanation of the use case:

• A single user from a RingCentral account is used as a service user to authenticate via OAuth and grant access to the RingCentral's APIs;
  • Ring-Out calls are originated from a third-party application through the authenticated user. Let's say "User A" is the one connected, and a call should be initiated to "User B".

Expectation:

It'd be expected to have the call logged against the extension of "User B", not "User A"

Current behavior:

The call is getting logged against the extension of "User A"

A screenshot from "Call Log":

I'm using RingCentral's JS SDK to interact with the API, see below a piece of the code:

platform.post(`/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/ring-out`, ringOutOpts)

I've tried to use the "extensionId" of "User B" a part of the URL but when I do so I get the following error:

Resource for parameter [extensionId] is not found

Is it possible to achieve what I'm trying here? If so, what am I doing wrong?

ringout
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

rhaylander-almeida7811 avatar image
rhaylander-almeida7811 answered
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys