question

jeremy-stayton16245 avatar image
jeremy-stayton16245 asked Casandra, The 1Social Media Diva commented

Calendar/Scheduling software/apps and Zoom

Hello, hoping to get a little clarity on whether there is a Zoom login that we get with RingCentral? Specifically I am hoping to use Calendly or x.ai for scheduling meetings, and they have Zoom integrations I was wanting to leverage. I see that Zapier can do Calendly, although I'd prefer not to use a 3rd party service if not needed. Is there a way that the Zoom direct integration transfers to us using RingCentral?

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered Casandra, The 1Social Media Diva commented
Hey Jeremy, 

We're both separate companies, therefore, you'll have separate accounts with their own login :)
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Casandra, The 1Social Media Diva avatar image Casandra, The 1Social Media Diva commented ·

but you connect Microsoft Teams a separate application, Google Meeting, separate application. Zapier a separate application. Why can't you connect Meeting rooms?

0 Likes 0 ·
jeremy-stayton16245 avatar image
jeremy-stayton16245 answered
Then perhaps there is a pending integration for RingCentral Meetings (definitely not the same as Zoom) with Calendly?

thanks!
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered Casandra, The 1Social Media Diva commented
Hey Jeremy! There isn't anything planned yet but please do vote for this feature here :)
5 comments
1 |3000

craig123456 avatar image craig123456 commented ·
Saadet, as a veteran user of zoom and Calendly, I have to insist on this feature.

I work in software and am very sensitive to the labor required when clients make feature requests, particularly involving integrations.  If this wasn't truly useful, I wouldn't suggest it.

Zoom and Calendly allow for clients to make appointments by clicking on my available times and answering a few questions.  Upon registering for a meeting, the link is generated from Zoom and an invite with that link is emailed to the client, and pops onto my google calendar.

It saves countless steps and prevents any missed appointments.

Currently, with RingCentral, I'd have to create a specific meeting and build that into calendly.  This is a problem, as I'd have to run the risk of random people having a link out there and joining a meeting in progress.  

Zoom is gradually building phone system credibility.  While they are not at RC level yet, when they are, that Calendly integration by itself will have me looking to switch back to them.

Arguably... this is the ONLY pain point I can identify with my current progress in implementing RC.  Everything else has been fantastic.

Thank you.
1 Like 1 ·
Casandra, The 1Social Media Diva avatar image Casandra, The 1Social Media Diva craig123456 commented ·

Exactly I have spent hours trying to connect Zapier to Calendly to Ring Central. This is absolutely horrible! You need to make the integration ASAP. This is 2022. She wrote this in 2019 what is going on?

0 Likes 0 ·
Casandra, The 1Social Media Diva avatar image Casandra, The 1Social Media Diva craig123456 commented ·

I guess I will have to now do a ZOOM Account. why? because you are not zoom. and i did see the lawsuit in February 2022 was settled. https://www.techtarget.com/searchunifiedcommunications/news/252513767/Zoom-and-RingCentral-settle-lawsuit

0 Likes 0 ·
robert-duffy avatar image robert-duffy commented ·

Your link is dead. Does that mean it was voted down or has RC set up some form of integration with Calendly?

0 Likes 0 ·
Casandra, The 1Social Media Diva avatar image Casandra, The 1Social Media Diva robert-duffy commented ·

Exactly I have spent hours trying to connect Zapier to Calendly to Ring Central. This is absolutely horrible! RC what are you doing? You need to make the integration ASAP. This is 2022. She wrote then 2021, now me 2022 what is going on?

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app