question

maciej-siarkowski avatar image
maciej-siarkowski asked saadetswift16514 commented

Upgraded to Premium, number of attendees on Meetings still limited to 4...

We recently upgraded from standard to premium so we can get rid of gotomeeting and use Ringcentral for online presentations as well, but it turns out we are still limited to 4 attendees per meeting which is really frustrating...

All I got from support is that they are aware of it, which doesn't mean anything.

I just wanted to find out any details. I do software development myself and I try not to commit to deadlines, but I would like to understand if this being investigated currently, somewhere on the road map for this sprint, next sprint, or just somewhere at the end of a mile long queue in Jira...

subscription
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jf-fortin16456 avatar image
jf-fortin16456 answered saadetswift16514 commented
AFAIK, you must buy Large Meeting packages and assign them to your users if you want to go beyond that limit. But I agree: it is frustrating.
13 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
Not correct. The difference in video conferencing participants is inherent to the plan you have purchased. While the Standard plan allows only 4 participants, the Premium plan allows 100 participants. (See screen shot from RingCentral site just a few moments ago.) I recommend you contact Support and/or your Account Manager to get this taken care of for you.

https://www.ringcentral.com/office/plansandpricing.html
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Maciej, I'll follow up with your Account Manager :)
1 Like 1 ·
maciej-siarkowski avatar image maciej-siarkowski commented ·
Hi,

I did contact our account manager and support and as I said, didn't get anything concrete. So I don't know if this is something that will be resolved this month, or never...
0 Likes 0 ·
I have always found that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Since you are paying for it, you SHOULD get a concrete answer. As a customer you should demand it. If you are talking to support, ask for a supervisor. 

@Saadet, do you have any influence here?
0 Likes 0 ·
I did and this is the reply I got was  "I am not able to assist here."...

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
maciej-siarkowski answered jf-fortin16456 commented
How do you do that? 
Pricing plan just says you receive 4 participants on standard and 50 on premium...
5 comments
1 |3000

See my post above to JF Fortin

0 Likes 0 ·
@JF Fortin...Large Meetings is primarily for that "large meeting" above and beyond what you would normally have in your purchased plan. If I recall correctly, the bare minimum is 100 participants. It would be ridiculous for Maciej Siarkowski to purchase a Large Meeting license for 100 users everytime he wanted to have a video conference with 10 people.

Maciej Siarkowski is correct in that the Premium plan allows for more users than he had with the Standard plan. He should not have to purchase a Large Meeting license.
0 Likes 0 ·
It isn't correct. Did you see my post above? JF Fortin is giving you incorrect information.

0 Likes 0 ·
jf-fortin16456 avatar image jf-fortin16456 commented ·
Sorry, I totally missed the point that you upgraded to Premium.
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered maciej-siarkowski commented
Thanks J.B. and JF Fortin for stepping in and helping out :) 
1 comment
1 |3000

Thank you all for your assistance.
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Good news! A fix is scheduled for June 5th (as long as everything goes well). Maciej, could you provide me an update on June 6th? :)
1 |3000

maciej-siarkowski answered
Thank you! Will do.
1 |3000

maciej-siarkowski answered saadetswift16514 commented
Hi,
seems to be working now.
Thank you for your help with that again!

1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Yay! Thanks for providing an update :)
0 Likes 0 ·
maciej-siarkowski answered
Well, that doesn't seem right, as I could have done that without upgrading to premium.
Why should I pay extra 11 for the license, when the pricing plan says it's already included in the premium plan?
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app