question

keith-lazarus13798 avatar image
keith-lazarus13798 asked saadetswift16514 commented

Are you having an outage right now?

Are you having an outage right now? When I go to app.glip.com, I get a message saying "Scheduled Maintenance, We'll be back very soon. Thanks for your patience. Follow us on Twitter for updates."

I had a look at Twitter and there aren't any updates.

Also, I tried logging a ticket but got an "Internal Error" when trying to log in.

If there is an issue, the community would be a *great* place to put a post.

outage
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
I think the are.  I just got a notification.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ted-matthews avatar image
ted-matthews answered
We are experiencing the same issue with Glip, it's not connecting and sending/receiving messages

1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered
Getting the same thing...

1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey all, there is an issue with the RC app that is being investigated. You can learn more and check for updates on our Service Status Page:  https://status.ringcentral.com/
1 |3000

mark-salmon avatar image
mark-salmon answered saadetswift16514 commented
Please post a status page somewhere other than twitter or social networks. My company has a draconian firewall. A status on Twitter is useless. 
6 comments
1 |3000

Chris Rosa avatar image Chris Rosa commented ·
When I left work on Friday, the source of the trouble was still unknown. When I go back to both the status and servicestatus sights, there's no info on past events. Can you summarize the situation and the solution? Or point me where to find that? thanks.
1 Like 1 ·
keith-lazarus13798 avatar image keith-lazarus13798 commented ·
I agree with Chris.  When a provider of mine has an outage, I don't consider it to be sufficient for them to say "It's fixed" - I like to know what the underlying issue was, and what steps were taken to prevent it from happening again.

I *really* want to like and advocate for RC/Glip but there are so many oddities with how this product is managed that I have serious concerns about its long-term viability. 
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Andrea, I'm following up on this to get more details! I'll post on your other thread when I learn more :)
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Mark, our Service Status Page is the best place to check for updates. Make sure to bookmark it!
0 Likes 0 ·
andrea-yan12580 avatar image andrea-yan12580 commented ·
Not sure how helpful this is but I called RC Support this morning and the outage ticket they have open for what happened on Friday is not yet closed. In order to get RingCentral's Root Cause Analysis, the rep told me it would be 24-48 hours AFTER their outage ticket is closed. So if your management is wanting a more in-depth RCA...we're gonna have to wait.

@Saadet, I also took a look at the status page this morning to see if there was an update and it looks like all of the updates that had been there on friday are missing (see attached screenshot). It just seems a bit shady...do you know why the updates that were there on the 31st are gone? I'm not sure how reliable the service status can be if things are removed...
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app