question

john-crocker avatar image
john-crocker asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Voicemail now reads caller id as a numeric

For about a week now, I have noticed that the caller id on any voicemails reads like a numeric number, so for instance, a number of 6105555555 will be read at the beginning of the voicemail as '6 billion, 105 million', etc, rather than just reading the number - six, one, zero... Is there a new setting to get this back to the way it was before? Thanks for any information.

voicemail
9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hmmm...first I've heard of it, John. I'd suggest contacting Support so that they can review it
1 Like 1 ·
ben-johnson1 avatar image ben-johnson1 commented ·
Has this been solved? My office is experiencing the same problem.
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 ben-johnson1 commented ·
Hey Ben, looks like this is a bug :/ Please open a case with Tech Support and include JIRA CNV-28823 in your notes. 
1 Like 1 ·
Jovan Jenkins avatar image Jovan Jenkins commented ·
Following
1 Like 1 ·
danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
Having same issue.  Was able to isolate down to Call Groups. 
Case Number:09123808
0 Likes 0 ·
steve-noyes avatar image steve-noyes danno147 commented ·
We are having the same problem. When you say you were able to isolate it down to call groups, does that mean you found a solution? Thanks
1 Like 1 ·
danno147 avatar image danno147 danno147 commented ·
Unfortunately no. All I can say is before RC upgrade it was fine - after, problem arose.  My ticket is almost 8 months old and CS was not sure when or if they can fix. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul Blank avatar image Paul Blank commented ·

Even though I've received notification that this problem is fixed, it continues to annoy users. Have notified RC, but I suspect they already know this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Paul Blank commented ·

Thanks, Paul - we know this is frustrating.
Good that you've notified our support team. They'll escalate up to the engineers for next steps and they'll reach out when the issue is sorted.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
That's interesting.  I had something similar happen today when I placed an outbound call via CarPlay with RingCentral and it read back one of the phone numbers that way.

I can't explain it, but I suspect it might have to do with the inbound caller ID option changes made recently.  Take a look at this thread to see how you can look and modify it:  https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/our-business-name-shows-on-inbound-calls-as-wel...
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app