question

brandon-nokes15069 avatar image
brandon-nokes15069 asked mary-community-moderator edited

Ringcentral Rooms causing Mac Mini to freeze

We have 3 Ringcentral Rooms setups in our office.  All 3 of them experience the same problem, the computers regularly freeze up and I have to physically restart the computers to get them back to the Rooms app.  

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  It seems that I am daily rebooting our rooms and sometimes it happens during the day.  As an IT person, I have a lot going on during the day and cannot keep running to reboot machines.

Any ideas here would be appreciated. All rooms are configured with:

1 Mac Mini connected to a TV 
1 Aver 342 soundbar
1 iPad on the conference room table as the primary controller
1 iPad outside the room as a display.

They all function properly until the damn thing freezes.  It seems to only happen when the machines are idle, it has not happened or had any issues while the systems are in use.  It seems to happen during the screensaver so I am wondering if that might be causing a problem somehow.  

Thanx.
rooms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Brandon, 

While we wait for some suggestions from the Community, I would recommend opening a case with our Tech Support team as well :) 

Open support case online
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app