question

outsourcify avatar image
outsourcify asked saadetswift16514 answered

Changing the company domain name on Glip

Hi,

We changed our company name and domain name more than 3 years ago. Everybody in our company has both emails with the previous company domain (eklektik-web.com) and the new one (outsourcify.net), they are used as aliases in Gmail for Business so both work as email addresses.

We use Glip since 5 or 6 years, before it became RingCentral. I had created my account with the old domain name but all our new employees since use the new one. I add them myself in RingCentral Glip right after creating their email address.

Until recently I could choose "add guest as co-worker" for co-workers signed in with a different domain name as mine (which is also the company's domain on Glip).

I can't anymore. It seems there was an update lately that removed that option. The issue I have is that I discovered that one of our employees (who since left) mistakenly created a parallel company in Glip with her email address with the new domain name. So now all new users are linked to this other company account on Glip and I can't add them as co-workers and they can't see our team channels.

I don't have access to any "admin portal", we are on the free plan. We are not in the USA so we don't need any of the RingCentral services, just Glip.

The best solution for me here would be if I could change my own email to the new one and in general change our company account to use the new domain name (outsourcify.net) so new users would be linked directly to the correct company. This is not possible in the app itself I think. Is there way I can contact some support person to do it for us?

I guess the other parasite company account should be deleted first.

Would be great if we could have a solution here. Thanks!

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

outsourcify avatar image
outsourcify answered
Hi guys any chance someone would have an answer on this question?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Outsourcify, have you contacted the Glip Support team about this? They should be able to help you :)
1 |3000

Try this link and login with your Glip account info. Let me know if it allows you to!
1 |3000

outsourcify avatar image
outsourcify answered
Thanks for answering.
The thing is I don't have an account on RingCentral, do you know how to contact the Glip Support team without? 
1 |3000

Hey there, I've created a case for you :) You should receive an email from a Support agent sometime today (I provided them with the email address you have on file for your Community profile). For reference, your case number is 09091217
1 |3000

outsourcify avatar image
outsourcify answered
No I get "Sorry, we don't recognize your email address."

I can't sign up without choosing a business phone call offer which is of no use to us as our company is in Thailand.
I tried to sign up though a few days ago and was contacted by a salesperson that had no clue how to help on my real issue with the Glip chat app.

I guess we were one of the first companies to use Glip years ago and we stick to it, we still prefer it to Slack and its clones.
We could switch to Mattermost... but Glip works just fine for us. ;)
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app