question

caroline-sullivan avatar image
caroline-sullivan asked bjsvec answered

INCORRECT CALLER ID

Ever since we opened this acct, we continue to have this problem: Our caller ID shows "HERMOSA BCH CA" ~ We are in Los Angeles. Why can't you change it to read LOS ANGELES CA?? Please correct this. I have been trying to fix this since 2014. It's ridiculous.. We have our company name noted in the caller ID section on our acct page, but that doesn't work either. I'd appreciate a quick response to this inquiry! Thank you, Caroline Sullivan, Admin.. 310.504.3737,CISCO IP PHONE 303

caller id
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Do you know which tier plan you are on?  I suspect you may need to move up a tier to send caller ID name, but am not certain.  This is what I see with a Twilio lookup of the number you provided and since it shows no caller ID name I think the "HERMOSA BCH CA" is the default, but not controlled by RingCentral.  Hope that helps a bit.

PHONE NUMBER+13105043737
NATIONAL FORMAT(310) 504-3737
COUNTRY CODEUS
CALLER NAMEnull
CALLER TYPEnull
CARRIER NAME
Bandwidth/RingCentral Messaging - Sybase365
CARRIER TYPEvoip
MOBILE COUNTRY CODEnull
MOBILE NETWORK CODEnull

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app