question

ryan-zucker avatar image
ryan-zucker asked kellie-babb answered

RC receiving call glitch

I have a RC glitch where my phone will ring, but when I answer the call the "receiving call" screen doesn't go away. I can hear the person calling, but the phone continues to ring, and the call drops after about 30 seconds.

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

teresa-habeck5373 avatar image
teresa-habeck5373 answered
Glad you mentioned this, I have experienced the same thing but just thought it was something is was doing wrong.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kellie-babb avatar image
kellie-babb answered
Hello Ryan, thank you for reaching out to us. I have a couple starting questions for you to get us moving in the right direction.
Does this happen intermittently or with every phone call?
Are you using the mobile app or the desktop app when this occurs? 

I hope you have a great day!

Thank you,
Kellie Babb
1 |3000

ryan-zucker avatar image
ryan-zucker answered
Hi Kellie,

I operate out of two phone lines, one being a hotline that our clients can call in to. It seems to only happen when I receive calls for the hotline. So far, when I'm receiving calls to my main line, I don't have this glitch. I'm using the desktop app as well.

Thanks,
Ryan
1 |3000

kellie-babb avatar image
kellie-babb answered
Hi Ryan, 

Thank you for the additional information. Since the issue occurs with calls to the hotline I am going to have to gather more information to pull up the account. Can you please send your RingCentral number + extension and the hotline number to community.support@ringcentral.com

Thank you,
Kellie Babb
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app