question

Safwaan Member avatar image
Safwaan Member asked tammie-phillips answered

Desktop App: HUD not refreshing

The HUD is not refreshing. It shows people are on calls, when in actual fact the call is finished & they're not on a call any longer. The only resolution I can see is logging out of the app & then logging back

hud
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ball10938 avatar image
ball10938 answered
We have been experiencing this same issue for months now.  I received ridiculous suggestions from Support when we opened a ticket....1) Reinstall -  not always possible during business hours -  2) Delete all members of HUD and then save and then add them back in - Does not work..... waste of time.  3) The only suggestion that worked was to log out of Ring Central and log back in -  it works but only temporarily (especially after this latest update).  This problem makes the HUD unusable.  Ring Central Support acted like this was a novel problem but obviously it is not.... Very frustrating!!!!! 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tim-torrisi14118 avatar image
tim-torrisi14118 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Is there any update on this? We are experiencing this same problem at my location. We are in the midst of onboarding a bunch of new agents, and NEED this monitoring capability to work reliably.
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Tim, we're still working on getting the Presence issue fixed. So sorry for the trouble.
0 Likes 0 ·
max-ramos avatar image
max-ramos answered kieran-cushman commented
We are also experiencing the same issue.  I kill the ring central process and restart the app and it works again for a random amount of time before needing another reset.
2 comments
1 |3000

max-ramos avatar image max-ramos commented ·
I'm not sure if this is related, but we're having another issue I believe is tied to presence.

If ext 1 parks a call and ext 2 takes that parked call, ext 1 acts like it is still on that call.  New calls will not ring on ext 1 until ext 2 hangs up with the parked call that originally came in on ext 1.
0 Likes 0 ·
kieran-cushman avatar image kieran-cushman commented ·
Same here. That seems to be all we can do for now. Looks like RC is aware of the issue and hopefully get it ironed out soon. 
0 Likes 0 ·
bahr avatar image
bahr answered merillat14301 commented
We are also experiencing this issue.  Is it tied to latest update?  We have tried rolling back client applications to the previous version to try to resolve this. 
1 comment
1 |3000

merillat14301 avatar image merillat14301 commented ·
Version is not the issue.  We have different versions, including the latest.  Happens on both.
0 Likes 0 ·
tammie-phillips avatar image
tammie-phillips answered
We are experiencing the same issues 4/21/20   Support recommends logging out and back in.  That is only a bandaid.  How do I know I need to log out and back in again unless I specifically know of an instance where HUD didn't update.  I need to be able to rely on the HUD status.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app