question

jikimny avatar image
jikimny asked jordan-tucker11887 answered

Web version keeps logging out

I am using Ringcentral Web version and it logs out after certain period of time without auto-filling password so I have to manually put in password each time and log back in all the time. You should make the site NOT log out until the user choose it to log out.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered saadetswift16514 commented
You can adjust the time to stay active up to 24 hours. On the portal click on the Tools main menu selection, then select Session Timeout.
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Cheri, the setting that Jan is referring to is in the online portal. If you are a Super Admin on your account, you will see it here:

1 Like 1 ·
cheri-kriethe15500 avatar image cheri-kriethe15500 commented ·
I don't have the "Session Timeout" option on my Tools menu. We run on Macs, would it be listed elsewhere on the menu that you know of? I appreciate the help!
0 Likes 0 ·
valerie-awad avatar image valerie-awad commented ·
Mine doesn't have that option - all I know is it has timed me out 5 times today already and it is truly annoying..

0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Valerie, only a Super Admin on the RingCentral account would see this option. If you'd like to have it changed, I would suggest chatting with one of your company's admins :)
0 Likes 0 ·
mark-davidson326 avatar image
mark-davidson326 answered
I second the above -- lose this "your session has timed out nonsense". For those of us who don't have a security concern, the "keep me logged in" should ACTUALLY keep me logged in... until I log out!! It's freakin' annoying. >:(
1 |3000

valerie-awad avatar image
valerie-awad answered
Mine doesn't have that option - all I know is it has timed me out 5 times today already and it is truly annoying..
1 |3000

jordan-tucker11887 avatar image
jordan-tucker11887 answered
Mine logs me out at times way earlier than the 24 hours I have it set for. It allows logging back in with a couple of clicks to the Google option (no password entry required) but the non-working timing feature is annoying as well.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app