question

timm1 avatar image
timm1 asked Becky-Community_Manager answered

Asana integration fails

*Sigh*

Let's face it... Glip sucks the big one when it comes to task management. And it doesn't look like it's going to improve any time soon (or at all). Hello... product managers??

Because of this, I've been entertaining the thought of returning to Asana to manage our to-dos. Today, I attempted to integrate Asana with my Glip account and was met with the attached error message.

I tried again on another computer/browser... but I get the same message. In Asana, I can see that Glip is listed in the connected apps, but there is no communication happening between the two apps. Whether it's Glips fault or Asana's fault, who knows. All I know is that it doesn't work. Any insights here?

Account type:
U.S.

A brief description of the business: Non-Profit

Include any related case number if applicable: N/A

Number of Users and/or Digital Lines: 80-ish

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

timm1 avatar image
timm1 answered
Can anyone from RC provide any insight on this?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tyler-d3781 avatar image
tyler-d3781 answered
Howdy Timm, 

You're not alone! 

I'm a RingCentral Employee and also a big Asana user. I'm getting the same error when I attempt to turn on the integration from both the desktop and web apps: 

{"error":{"message":"An unexpected server error occurred.","code":"server_error","should_retry":true,"http_status_code":500,"details":"API server failure"}}

If you haven't already I would recommend contacting support  to get a ticket open, I plan on doing the same internally. If you do get a case open please email me your case number and I'll work some magic: tyler.dickey@ringcentral.com please put "Asana integration fails" and the case # in the subject 

Just a guess here: "API server failure" is hopefully something quick we can fix like an expired key or maybe we're hitting a limit on Asana API calls. 

best, 

Tyler Dickey 

1 |3000

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered
Yay, Tyler! Thanks for pitching in here!
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app