question

courtney-mullins avatar image
courtney-mullins asked jessica-community-moderator answered

Is there a way to have text messages from my team routed to another Ring Central user to cover while I am out on vacation?

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered danno147 commented
The only way I can think of is to re-assign your DID (the one getting SMS) to your cover, and move it back when you return.  How to do it depends a lot on your account specifics.
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

courtney-mullins avatar image courtney-mullins commented ·
What is a DID and how do I change that? Is that something like a call forward option on a desk phone? We're trying to make this as simple as possible for our team to just send out to the same person they always do but another person might get those messages while I'm away from the office. 
1 Like 1 ·
danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
I know of no other way and certainly no simple way.  Since SMS is not SIP trunking, you can not forward it like a phone call.  And to respond to the text, you have to have the number associated with your license.  Sounds like your need someone with some expertise to assist you.  You'll need to reach out to your Ring Central consultant or Ring Central Support for programming assistance.

0 Likes 0 ·
danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
Oh shoot, hit enter before providing the answer to your DID?
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Courtney, 

Danno's spot on. Please open a case with Support for assistance. 

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app