question

richie6199 avatar image
richie6199 asked jessica-community-moderator commented

Personal Contacts Import - Field Population Issue

I imported my contacts from a CSV file from a file that originated from our company's QuickBooks file which was exported to Excel. I changed all of the field names to agree with the contact fields in RingCentral. I then imported successfully (or so it appeared) with no error messages. However, the "Business Address, Business Address2 and Email" fields did not populated under my personal contacts. Any suggestions as to why or what I am doing incorrectly? Thanks!

contacts
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered
It's a little hard to say, but here's what I would suggest trying.  Instead of editing the column headings in the Quickbooks file,  export the customer list from RingCentral, then copy/paste the data in the colums from the QuickBooks file into the RC exported file. Then import that updated file.  This will assure there are no errors in the column headings and everything maps over correctly.

Let us know if you still have problems.

Mike
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

richie6199 avatar image
richie6199 answered
Yessssssssss...crazy customer support couldn't articulate this to me.  Fantastic answer.
1 |3000

richie6199 avatar image
richie6199 answered richie6199 commented
Oh, one more item...can I delete all of my contacts in one fell swoop prior to importing my correctly mapped RC exported file.
2 comments
1 |3000

richie6199 avatar image richie6199 commented ·
You're the best!
1 Like 1 ·
mike avatar image mike commented ·
Yes... If you go to Personal > Edit Contacts, and then scroll down you'll see a Delete All Contacts button.
0 Likes 0 ·
gene-holbert avatar image
gene-holbert answered jessica-community-moderator commented
how do I transfer file to rc file phone number wont pop up

1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hey Gene, 

Can you clarify what you mean? 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app