question

douglas-lowe15004 avatar image
douglas-lowe15004 asked Phong Vu commented

App to track duration of calls parked in park groups

Does the API provide access to the duration that a call has been parked to a dedicated park location group? If so, I'd like to build an app that helps our receptionist keep track of such calls so they don't languish, since RingCentral does not have any automatic call-back or notification when someone has been parked forever.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Unfortunately, there is no direct API to capture those data. However, you can implement an app, subscribe for the presence notification with the detailedTelephonyState = true. When you get the telephony event, you can parse the payload to get the telephonyStatus ('NoCall' or 'CallConnected' or 'Ringing' or 'OnHold' or 'ParkedCall'), then log the time to calculate the duration or send alerts to the receptionist etc.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

douglas-lowe15004 avatar image
douglas-lowe15004 answered Phong Vu commented

Thanks @Phong Vu, that sounds like it might work. I haven't yet put the time in to learn how to do any real programming with the API -- I'm sure I can figure it out, 40+ years of programming experience on many different platforms. I wanted to make sure it is technically feasible before investing the time to figure out how to do things like subscribe to the event and parse the payload lol

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Let me know the programming language you want to use. I might write some sample code for you to start with on this part.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys