question

ashley-n avatar image
ashley-n asked jessica-community-moderator commented

Does the host have to be present to record meetings?

Many times in my role I get asked to set up meetings for our employees. This forces me to be the host of the call and many times I am not present. We learned that if I am not present for the call as the host, or if I jump on after the call started, it doesn't record. It only records when I am there. We used to use Zoom for our conference calls and it never mattered if I joined the meeting or not. Once it was set and the meeting ID was provided to the team they were able to just use the link and it would record. Am I missing something within RingCentral that would allow me to do this or is this yet another feature request I will need to submit?

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Ashely,

The host can give permission to a user, and then they can do it if the host is not there, but really there should be a host to make sure the meeting doesn't time out. 

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ashley-n avatar image
ashley-n answered jessica-community-moderator commented

Hi Jessica, thank you for your response.  I am not seeing where you can give permission to another user when I select Schedule from the desktop or phone R app.  I do not see where I can add an "alternate host" either like we have been able to do with Zoom.  Am I missing something?
1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Ashley, 

I had reached out for some guidance and had misunderstood previously, I'm sorry! You can only designate co-hosts ahead of time with Webinars, not meetings.

Currently meetings doesn't have the alternate host feature, product has advised that it was on the roadmap, but got pushed until a later time. 

If you have a premium plan, you also have the option as the host to set the meeting to Record to Cloud ahead of time. 

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app