question

jason-wilkins avatar image
jason-wilkins asked jason-wilkins commented

Team member images are broken.

I am using Version: 19.10.2 (E. 5.0.10) Build: 144 (rev. 9ff98ad). Where the images used to show for other members in a Team conversation, they now show as broken image links. I have restarted both my workstation and the application. Is this a setting I need to change?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hey Jason, 

This isn't a setting, something's broken that needs fixing! Please contact support for troubleshooting help! 

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

denise-foley avatar image
denise-foley answered denise-foley commented
Did you ever get a resolution on this? Mine is also broken. I can't see images on Mac app but I can send them. I can't send them on my phone app but I can see them. My avatar is broken on both.
3 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hey Denise, 

Are you on the latest version of the app?
0 Likes 0 ·
denise-foley avatar image denise-foley commented ·
Yes. But I also have the same issue on app.glip.com
0 Likes 0 ·
I have the latest Mac app, the latest iPhone app and the latest iOS on both. I've deleted and reinstalled, signed out and signed back in and nothing fixes it.

0 Likes 0 ·
jason-wilkins answered jason-wilkins commented
I never did get a resolution, but I did find out that the issue is with my internet provider. When I disable wifi and use my phone as a hotspot for connectivity, everything is fine. 

My internet provider is Xfinity (Comcast).
12 comments
1 |3000

jason-wilkins avatar image jason-wilkins commented ·
Hi Cindy. Looks like you have to disable Advanced Security.

Disabling and Re-Enabling Advanced SecurityYou can disable the Advanced Security feature in xFi by navigating to More and selecting My Services. From here, select Disable under xFi Advanced Security and follow the on screen prompts.
Once disabled, you will lose 24/7 threat monitoring and real-time reporting on your home network.
If you have disabled the Advanced Security feature, you can re-enable it by navigating to More and selecting My Services. From here, select Enable under xFi Advanced Security and follow the on-screen prompts.
1 Like 1 ·
*Credit to RC Jenn for getting me there. :D
1 Like 1 ·
Additionally, I cannot post pictures to a Glip chat while on my home wifi. I have to turn off wifi and use my mobile signal.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks, Jason. I have the same wifi. I'll try the workaround, but I can't use my hotspot for work all day. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Same! I work from home and just deal with broken images all day. RC sent me a list of ports (for lack of a better term) Comcast needs to open, but they have no clue what RC is talking about. 

So I'm stuck with broken images. :(
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
jason-wilkins answered jenn-community-moderator commented
I do not know what that means.
3 comments
1 |3000

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·
Hello Jason!

That is totally fine. You can visit this link on how you disable the Advance Security.
This is mainly for all Xfinity Users.

Please let me know if you have further questions! 
0 Likes 0 ·
That did it. Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·
That's awesome! You are welcome and stay safe! 
0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered
Hi Jason!

Can you confirm if you disable the Advance Security of our network?

Thanks! 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app