question

desire-smith11148 avatar image
desire-smith11148 asked amicloud answered

Group Texting with Separate Reply Threads?

Has this feature been taken down? I used to be able to send group messages out to people not in my directory as separate text threads, now they are all grouped together. This is for gathering information for potential applicants and I don't want to be sharing peoples' phone numbers with others. As recent as a week ago it gave me a "warning" that it would be sent out as separate messages-which is the whole point for me anyway-then yesterday it is no longer is doing so.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

amicloud avatar image
amicloud answered
I'm having this issue as well. This is completely unacceptable. RingCentral suddenly isn't working the way it is DOCUMENTED TO BEHAVE. There is nothing in any of the update release notes about this being changed. 

I just accidentally shared a lot of clients' phone numbers because of this. Absolutely not OK. Seriously RingCentral you have got to be kidding me.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app