question

brett-weiss avatar image
brett-weiss asked mario-dima answered

Pay Extra for Incoming Caller ID?

I've been using RingCentral for several weeks now. I noticed that incoming calls from numbers that were not in my contacts list showed up as "Unknown". When I chatted with tech support to find out why Caller ID wasn't working for incoming calls, I was told for the first time (since it doesn't appear in the "features" description) that I would have to upgrade to at least a Premium plan. This would cost me $540 a year for RingCentral to provide what the phone company already provides for free. I really don't need any of the features in the other plans, and had absolutely no idea when I signed up that Caller ID would be an upcharge.

This should be a basic feature for all plans. Its lack in Essentials and Standard is inexplicable.

caller idbilling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

john-gallucci277 avatar image
john-gallucci277 answered
I wasn't sure this was still the case. I agree that they should just include it in all plans. I've asked nicely a couple of times and got Caller ID Names added to a standard account. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

brett-weiss avatar image
brett-weiss answered
I was told that I could only get it with a Premium or Ultimate plan. And I was nice. :)
1 |3000

mario-dima avatar image
mario-dima answered
Second that, worst platform Ive ever dealt with, the more we stay with them the more quirks we find.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app