question

Ron Mueller avatar image
Ron Mueller asked Anirban answered

Where is the setting to remove "Apps" from RC App for specific Roles and/or Templates

Is there any setting where I can remove the "Apps" (puzzle piece looking icon in the app) from specific users - either by Role or Template setting. I've tried by removing all Apps Access, but that doesn't get it done, as this controls the application itself not features with the application.

I know I can go to my extension/more/Service Console/Authorized apps and remove the Ring Central App Gallery- but I want to only remove this for specific users. Not sure if this removes it from my user or all...don't want to remove it from myself (as admin) or all users...only specific users.

ron

app administration
1596582971374.png (32.0 KiB)
1596583229750.png (27.7 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator edited

Hi Ron,

You can create a new role and have those permissions disabled or customize, then you can assign the role to a specific user.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ron Mueller avatar image
Ron Mueller answered

I did exactly that, the 'puzzle icon' still remains, and apps can be loaded.

My guess is that there is no 'permission' to remove the function.

ron

1 |3000

shannon-maggs2239 avatar image
shannon-maggs2239 answered

I need to do this as well. I want to see what 3rd party apps our users already have authorized on their accounts, and I want to be able to disable those if needed. Is this able to be done at the admin level?

1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

I found one link below which shows app integration management 3rd party apps:

https://support.ringcentral.com/app/app-integrations/desktop-web/managing-app-integrations-ringcentral.html

Check if this answer your question

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys