question

Adam Zimmer avatar image
Adam Zimmer asked Timothy J Braud commented

Auto-Receptionist Delay between the Greeting and Connecting Announcement too Long

When the auto-receptionist recording is done playing, there is a 6 second delay between the end of the IVR and when it announces it is connecting. This is confusing since it sounds like you are being hung up on. We want the option to press 9 if the caller wants a specific person, but with the auto Receptionist this is not possible without the delay. Our office has found a work around by transferring all incoming calls directly to the front reception desk with the Greeting IVR attached to her extension, but now when anyone transfers from another phone to hers it plays the Intro greeting again. I have tried to create a custom call rule to disable the greeting when one of the other extensions or their respective direct phone numbers dials the front desk extension but it still plays. Is there a way to fix this? Or is there a way I can access the developer app and change the Auto Receptionist Delay to 1 or 2 seconds?

rest api
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Can you explain the delay sequence between the auto-receptionist recording is played and the moment "when it announces it is connecting"?

Normally, when the auto-receptionist finishes playing the company greeting, it stops and wait for the caller to press a key (e.g. 0 or 9). If there is no keypress for 6 secs, the auto-receptionist replay the greeting again and wait for keypress. This sequence is repeated 3 times before it is forwarded to a voicemail.

0 Likes 0 ·
Adam Zimmer avatar image Adam Zimmer Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The greeting plays, then there is a 6 second delay. If 9 or 0 has not been pressed in that 6 seconds, it says "Please wait while I connect you", followed by hold music. I want to shorten the 6 second delay to 1 or 2 seconds.

0 Likes 0 ·
Timothy J Braud avatar image Timothy J Braud commented ·

If you have automatic call recording turned on, I think it's standard for there to be a small announcement that the call may be recorded. We were having the same issue, and what we did to work around it was bypass the company greeting and go straight to whatever extension your trying to direct to, and instead we just recorded our company greeting with the call recording announcement at the end of it and uploaded that file to be what plays in place of the standard recording announcement. I hope this helps.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

I am afraid that you cannot change that 6-second delay because it is optimized by the system to give a caller enough time to react. Some rich IVR may give more keypress choices too.

You can only bypass the greeting and connect directly to an extension. But that is unfortunately, not what you want to achieve.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Adam Zimmer avatar image Adam Zimmer commented ·

Is there a way for me to access the source code through a developer app so that I could change it that way?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Adam Zimmer commented ·

What do you mean "a developer app"? There is no API to change the delay value and that makes it impossible to change the system default value.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys