question

Cyril Thomas avatar image
Cyril Thomas asked Anirban answered

Is it possbile to de-authorize a computer using C# API for Softphone?

Sorry if this question was asked already. I am new to RingCentral and RingCentral API.

I was asked a question from upper management to have softphone authorized PC to be de-authorized nightly by a batch job.

This is a medical field where users move around a lot and when they have login to use softphone on different PC other than the original one, they are not able to.

Thank you in Advance.

authenticationsoftphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Unfortunately, there is no API to de-authorize a device. I will discuss internally to see if this could be a support feature in the future.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Justin Dale avatar image
Justin Dale answered

Hi Phong, has this been added recently?

We're really disappointed that a user can not be signed into multiple desktop apps - especially when those users work in different places in the business. If we could write an app they could run to de-authorize themselves that would be great. We have removed access for users to change their own Call Handling and Phone settings (so they cannot deauthorize themselves from the website either).

Either that, or add a "De-authorize" button to the same popup that tells them they aren't allowed to log in multiple times. I will add that as a separate product idea

1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

@Justin Dale

For now you can put this as a new feature request here: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/

The RingCentral team will review the idea and get back to you

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys