question

William Reulein avatar image
William Reulein asked Saikishore Kandukuri commented

Meetings API permission

According to the following posts on the developer forum, we need to make a request to the developer support team in order to enable the Meetings API.

We have sent an email to the right email address a few days ago and still have not received a response.

Can someone here help?

https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/8965/user-needs-to-have-meetingsrecordings-permission.html

https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/7925/in-order-to-call-this-api-endpoint-user-needs-to-h-3.html

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered pat-lewis8094 commented

What is your sandbox main company number?

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Aaron Smith avatar image Aaron Smith commented ·

Can you do mine too?

+442038805688

0 Likes 0 ·
pat-lewis8094 avatar image pat-lewis8094 commented ·

We are having the same issue, and our sandbox is: +17322764526. Can we get this permission added as well? We have been in conversation with Dev Support for two weeks, and they continue to tell us to confirm we are Super Admin users, which we are.

0 Likes 0 ·
William Reulein avatar image
William Reulein answered Phong Vu commented

The sandbox number is +19294586103

3 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I am having trouble to login my admin tool to enable the meeting feature for your sandbox account. I will do it as soon as the problem is solved.

Remember that you can only create and manage meeting in sandbox but you can't use meeting app under sandbox environment.

0 Likes 0 ·
CBH FAX avatar image CBH FAX Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

my number is +13133982859 and urgently need this feature so please do this as soon as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ CBH FAX commented ·

Done!

0 Likes 0 ·
pat-lewis8094 avatar image
pat-lewis8094 answered

To all finding this post in 2020 or later. When we tried to get this working this year, we had to have the RC dev team move our API to full production for testing on our full account, not the test environment. It seemed like the RC dev team members did not know why the actions would not work on the test environment, but finally moved us to using the true account instead of the testing environment.
Hope this helps

1 |3000

teresa-b13989 avatar image
teresa-b13989 answered Phong Vu commented

I am having the same issue with my sandbox developer account not being able to access the meetings.

main sandbox number: +13128589286

{"errorCode":

"CMN-408"

"message":

"In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [Meetings] permission"

}

1 comment
1 |3000

Enabled. Please try again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joshua Blavins avatar image
Joshua Blavins answered Phong Vu commented

We are facing the same issue;

@Phong Vu

is this possible for our account +442045187322

1 comment
1 |3000

Are you sure you got the same error? I see Meeting caps was already enabled for your sandbox account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Saikishore Kandukuri avatar image
Saikishore Kandukuri answered Saikishore Kandukuri commented

I am facing the same issue "In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [Meetings] permission ". Can you please enable Meetings for me ?

Sandbox Account : +19294732802

2 comments
1 |3000

Enabled!

0 Likes 0 ·
Saikishore Kandukuri avatar image Saikishore Kandukuri Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Still unable to create meeting. I have tried to create Instant Meeting using Sandbox API call today and came across this error "{ "errorCode": "MET-106", "message": "Cannot create meeting. Reason : [Remote service unavailable]" }". can you help us to resolve this error ?

Sandbox Account : +19294732802

ringcentral-meeting-apicall.png

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys